thiknics have 64MB memory and it is perfectly adequate to run them as
terminals, unless you want to run big local apps. I suggest you take a
look at the Xvesa package on ltsp.org. this "unblurrs" the fonts and seems
to give better performance than XF86_SVGA with xfonts. also, look for
"thiknic" in the archive - there was a rather long thread on making them
work well. julius
p.s. avoig 60Hz refresh in any place that uses fluorescent lighting.