> From: Ken Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 21:39:23 -0700
>
>> If you are using any modern e-mail client, just tell it to
>> do text only and most will "strip" the html part off. (at
>> least my Kmail does)

> I am also using KMail and I do that (as suggested above),
> but it only works with "multipart" messages that have a
> plain-text part and an HTML part.

Exactly.  And even if the original message was 'multi-part', it still doesn't
work if you receive the messages in digest-mode, which I do.

> In the last couple of days, several annoying HTML-only
> messages have arrived here.  KMail won't strip the HTML
> tags out of them; it simply displays the entire thing,
> tags and all.
>
> I automatically delete these without even reading them.
> I don't care how desperate the writer is for help.

As would I, normally, but again, since I usually do want to read most of the
messages, I am forced to scroll past the pages and pages of crap to get to the

Charles