Jim,

This brings up a question I have about a gap in MY knowledge:

On Saturday 29 June 2002 06:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If you are getting the gray screen, then it is likely 1 of 2 things.
>
> 1) the display manager (XDM,KDM,GDM) isn't running on the server, or
>    isn't configured for remote workstations to connect.
>
>    Try:  netstat -anp | grep ":177 "
>
>    If you don't get any output, then your display manager isn't
>     running, or isn't configured.

Would you please explain what to do in this case?  In your excellent
documentation (which I carry everywhere with me as if it were a Bible!) you
mention this, and then proceed to explain what to do if the display manager
IS running!  But what do we do if it is NOT running?

I changed video cards in my server a few days ago and now my display manager
doesn't start any more when I reboot.  I've tried reading the man pages to
xdm and gdm but so far they aren't making any sense to me.

I'm running RH 7.3.

Thanks,

Ken
--
"We need to teach concepts, not products"
        -- Eric Harrison, Oregon educator, on whether it is wise for children to