Yesterday I was asking about the dhcpd.conf file if I could not get the MAC
address.  I received a number of quick and helpful replies -- but I can't get
my system to go to the network for boot, so I don't know if anything I've
tried with dhcpd.conf works yet.

I am using an Asus motherboard - TUSI-M socket 370 with the SIS 630ET AGP
chipset.  I know AGP has nothing to do with the NIC, but the best I can tell,
the NIC chipset and the graphics/sound is all in one package.  In the BIOS
setup, I have set the "Other Boot Device" as the first device tried.  The
option I selected (the only network option) is "INT18 Device (Network)".
There is no socket for a boot ROM, nor any mention of one in the manual.  I
would think, since it is listed as a boot device, that this card is already
setup for network boot.

When I try to do a netboot, I don't see any flash on the light on the hub for
this system (I know it could flash to quickly for me to see, but I checked
anyway), and there is nothing in /var/lib/dhcp/dhcp.leases to show that
anything was requested or any action happened at all.

Is there any reason to believe the NIC on the mobo is not using "normal"
BOOTP, or needs a BOOT ROM (even though there is no socket for it), or should
I be troubleshooting the server, instead?

Thanks for any info/advice!

Hal