You're right about the file locations.  It turned out, though, that there was
something else causing the problem.

As someone else pointed out on this thread, there's a problem with tftpd not
supporting the -s mode.

I've got tftpd working now.  But that only lead to another problem (I'm making
that a separate post, since it's so different) -- the mod for my nic won't
load!