That almost defeats the purpose of using LTSP in general, but it is impossible
for me in my situation.

I am working with 2 test systems and will be handling a large number of
systems soon.  These systems come to me with a blank hard drive, no floppies,
and no CD-ROM.  At this point, the entire reason I'm using LTSP is to setup
these systems.  The entire point, for me, is to take a blank system from our
supplier, plug it in, hook it up to the network, turn it on, and let my
netboot routine take over.  Once I get the local access problem worked out,
I'll have an install script ready.  After LTSP boots, my script will
automatically format the local hard drive, install Linux, and install our
company's software.

I have a suggestion I got off the IRC channel -- I'm still working on it.
(One of the people who gave it too me was rather short with me, and didn't
want to answer my questions -- he kept saying it was all in the manual, but
the questions I was asking were not in the manual -- some topics needed for
what he was suggesting were, but not the answers I needed.  Maybe a long time
C programmer could read between the lines, but I couldn't find it -- and I
read the manual cover to cover.)

If his suggestions work, I'll let you know, and include the information here.

Hal