there are many ways to do this.  VA's System imager, IBM's LUI, etc.
LTSP is not needed.  These can do 1 or 100 boxes at once.  or more.

Check freshmeat.net for different ones.  I was helping to develop LUI,
so I know It works, but I think it was absorbed by VA but I have not
needed that in a while.

Have fun.

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:56:29 -0400
Hal Vaughan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

~That almost defeats the purpose of using LTSP in general, but it is
~impossible for me in my situation.
~
~I am working with 2 test systems and will be handling a large number of
~ systems soon.  These systems come to me with a blank hard drive, no
~floppies, and no CD-ROM.  At this point, the entire reason I'm using
~LTSP is to setup these systems.  The entire point, for me, is to take a
~blank system from our supplier, plug it in, hook it up to the network,
~turn it on, and let my netboot routine take over.  Once I get the local
~access problem worked out, I'll have an install script ready.  After
~LTSP boots, my script will automatically format the local hard drive,
~install Linux, and install our company's software.
~
~I have a suggestion I got off the IRC channel -- I'm still working on
~it.  (One of the people who gave it too me was rather short with me,
~and didn't want to answer my questions -- he kept saying it was all in
~the manual, but the questions I was asking were not in the manual --
~some topics needed for what he was suggesting were, but not the answers
~I needed.  Maybe a long time C programmer could read between the lines,
~but I couldn't find it -- and I read the manual cover to cover.)
~
~If his suggestions work, I'll let you know, and include the information
~here.
~Hal
~