Jim,

First, let me tell you the history:

1st day: I had ltsp ok on text mode. It was on a friday at the end of
the day.

2nd day: when i arrive in my job and began to work, ltsp just didn't
work. So i started form the begining again.

3rd day: I had ltsp working again on text-mode. I couldn't cofig X
because the mouse device didn't mount on /dev/*. It was a kernel support
problem.

4th day: I recompiled a new kernel and saved the old one in case i have
some problems. And i had them. It was the same problem as our friend in

I'm sure it is the proper root filesystem! It has already worked before.
I'm using kernel 2.4.18.

By the way, i'm in a slackware box. If you (or sombody else) want, i can
send the modified install scripts.

[]s

Alex Robertson

--------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Narayanan,
>
> It sounds like you aren't mounting the proper root filesystem.
>
> Which kernel package are you using, and what is 'root-path'
> set to in dhcpd.conf ?
>
> Jim McQuillan
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, narayanan viswanathan wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> >         I have downloaded LTSP core package and installed it. My diskless
>workstation boots correctly and is also mounting  root file system well. But after
>mounting shows a warning.
> >
> > Warning: unable to open an initial console.
> >
> > Can anyone please tell me the solution for this as it is very urgent .
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > S.V.V.Narayanan.
> >

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > HAVE A VERY NICE DAY.