Jim,

These days i compiled a lot of different kernel configuration. The error
massages changed

=> cramfs: wrong magic
=> kernel panic: cannot mount root filesystem on 01:00
=> and others that i dont remember

and now i got the same error as before...

VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem)
Freeing unused kernel memoty: 232k freed
Warning: unable to open an initial console.

and the machine hangs on.

What am i doing wrong?

Alex Robertson

--