On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Joseph Jamieson wrote:

>The only thing I have been confused about, not being greatly versed in X
>authentication, is how to allow hosts other then the machine you
>connected via XDM to talk to your X server.  I'm sure if I read up on X
>authentication a bit more it would be a no brainer.
>
>You can of course use DISABLE_ACCESS_CONTROL = Y option in lts.conf to
>allow any machines to talk to your X servers on the workstations.   This
>of course wouldn't be exactly recommended; you don't want BillyBob
>Troublemaker to send nasty things to peoples' screens.

If you have the same home directory (preferably automounted) on both
systems it will Just Work (because both systems see the same
~/.Xauthority).

Otherwise, you need to transfer the authentication cookie by running
xauth on a machine which can see the cookie and piping the result to an rsh
of a another xauth onto the other machine.  The xauth man page contains a
clear example of how to do this.

Roger