Offray:

On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 08:24:40PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> I would like to see a project like that come to life.

Me too!  It's coming along, pretty much on schedule.

> I am not a hacker, so I can help little at this moment and I have no
> much money (My son's salary comes from my mom :-) ). I wonder how
> can I help. I would like a "Open Source Hardware Solution". I know,
> I know: software and hardware are not the same and the Open Source
> could not apply to both, but may be something like the mylinux
> project can be the model to follow. In that case I can offer like a
> beta tester :-).

Beta testing is good.  Especially if you could show it to people
around you who might be interested in using it for an LTSP-based
project.  It seems like a lot of LTSPers want to base their setups on
old hardware, but I'm talking about new, purpose-built hardware
here.  And stuff that won't break the bank, either.  :^)

> Bye and I wish the best for this project.

Thanks!

b.g.

> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> El mié, 21-08-2002 a las 15:51, William A. Gatliff escribió:
> > Guys:
> >

> > I'm kicking around a notion to build a designed-for-LTSP single board
> > computer.  The device would be powered by a non-Intel chip, have
> > onboard video, usb and ethernet, and an extremely rugged, tamper-proof
> > case that would come in around the size of a pack of playing cards.
> > The unit price would be about $150-$200 in quantities.  Bolt it to a
> > table, plug it in, and start LTSP'ing.
> >
> > I'm an independent embedded consultant with a lot of hardware and
> > Linux experience, so the real challenge with this project is just
> > funding the development effort.  If I had some commitment, I could
> > afford to borrow the money (or perhaps seek some NEA/DOE grants) to
> > bootstrap this project into existence.
> >
> > Would anyone be interested in seeing such a project come to life?
> >
> > Commitments and ideas welcome,
> >

> > b.g.
> > --
> > Bill Gatliff