Thanks for all ideas! I'll try to specify the problem.

We have a testsetup with the structure:

192.168.7.2 (client1)

192.168.7.1 / 192.168.2.2 (LTSP server1, Linux Redhat 7.2)

192.168.2.1/192.168.1.10 (regular Linux Redhat 7.2 machine)

192.168.1.20 / 192.168.0.20 (FreeBSD router with Dummy Net)

192.168.0.10/192.168.3.1 (LTSP server2, Linux Redhat 7.2)

192.168.3.2 (client2)

As it is now, client2 boots and loads the kernel from server2 and then mounts the
filesystem from server1. Dummy Net is used to simulate different types of Internet
connections and we have established a VPN connection between server2 and the regular
Linux Redhat machine, in order to protect the traffic between subnet 192.168.2.0 and
subnet 192.168.3.0. Everything works fine.

Now we would like to test if client2 can boot from server1 instead, to test if it
takes too much time or is acceptable and to test if the VPN connection can handle it
(and so on). As it is now the dhcp request remains within the 192.168.3.0 network and
we would like to pass it on to the 192.168.2.1 interface. How do we do that? We still
want client2 to get IP 192.168.3.2 and for that assume we only have to modify the
dhcpd.conf at server1, so the request seems to be the "only" trouble. Or?

Truly appreciate help! Thanks!
Maria Backlund