Il giorno Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Charlie Brown cosė ha scritto:

|From: Charlie Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
|To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 20:09:41 -0500
|Subject: [Ltsp-discuss] server without monitor dies
|
|I recently put my LTSP server in a closet and removed the monitor. Now I can
|only connect to it if I catch it as it comes up from a reboot. If I try
|after a few minutes all I get is the grey screen with the "cross-hairs" I
|think X is dying because the monitor is gone. How do I configure it to
|ignore the fact that the monitor is gone?

  X is not dying, it's providing you with an "X".  It must be gdm failing to
connect to the workstation.

[...]

|/var/log/messages:
|Sep 25 19:24:24 antec1000 gdm[1827]: gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X
|error - Restarting :0
|Sep 25 19:24:28 antec1000 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
|char-major-81
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  I have no experience with gdm, I know you can tell xdm not to use the local X
server, however, _if_ what I marked has anything to do with the problem, this
is what you should investigate into:

root@aselli /usr/src/linux-2.4.19# grep ^\ \*81 Documentation/devices.txt
 81 char        video4linux

  Sandro