Hi,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The reason for the xkbcomp error is because some libs
have moved around from a previous version.

You can fix it by doing this:

   ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386

That will rescan the shared libs, and update the ld.so.cache file.

I guess I need to fix the install script to do the same, and also
to fix the ownership on those files.
I came across the same problem (now more german keyboard layout at the moment -> not usable). My first thought was "there must me some other updated package" and looked at the website download files. Yes, the ltsp_core package is updated to 3.0.7 (still had 3.0.5).

After downloading and installing the 3.0.7 core package, nothing worked any more! Clients hung after starting the X server. It took me about an hour to figure out that my lts.conf was overwritten by rpm update :-(

I don't know how RPM works, but I remember SuSE Linux RPMs which did not overwrite config files, but instead renames them to <filename>.rpmsave. Could that be an option for ltsp RPM files?

And one more suggestion: If adding truetype entry for "FontPath" in rc.setupx (like the 100dpi path), one could easily create a "truetype" subdirectory for installing those fonts. I applied this modification to rc.setupx and copied the fonts from an other installation. It works fine!

Thanks, I'll try your
> ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386
solution tomorrow.

Achim