To make tftp work in RH,

1. Make sure that the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp has this line:
        disable = no
2. After this restart the tftp service like "service xinetd restart"

3. If iptables or ipchains is running you need to make a "hole" to allow
tftp to get in. Default port is 69. To test it in a protected enviroment I
would stop the iptables or ipchains and make sure it works then, then
restart it and change it to allow port 69.
--

respectfully, Joseph