Jim,

I found in the /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc two sections :
[X-:*-Core]
AllowShutDown=All
[X-:*-Greeter]
AllowShutDown=All
I changed the "All" by "false" but nothing else appens.
I would like to forbid the "shutdown computer" within the gnome session, and the "shutdown" within the login window (before entering gnome or Kde).

Regards,
Remi.

Remi,

If you are running Mandrake, then most likely you are also
using kdm. So, find your kdmrc file. Within that file
is a line that enables/disables shutdown. It should contain
enough comments to make it obvious how to do it.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]