There might be more than one section that you have to change in your kdmrc
file.

Here are the different sections that might be in your kmdrc file:

The section that says X-:0-Core maps to the X connection number 0.
The section that says X-:*-Core maps for all X connections from the local
machine.
If you have a section that says X-*-Core, this maps to all X connections
from all machines.
You may have sections starting with something like X-ws001: instead of X-:,
these map to the X connections only from that device, in this case the
client named ws001.

The settings with the smallest scope overide the settings with a larger
scope.  The lines you modified below would modify shutdown for all the
sessions from your local machine, ie, your LTSP server.  If you want to shut
it down for all clients, add the AllowShutDown settings to your X-*-Core
section to turn it off then add a setting to turn it on in your X-:*-Core
section.

What I do with my home network is to allow root to always do a shutdown and
enable root to log on from anywhere (note that this could be a security
problem).  So I have the following in my kdmrc file:

[X-*-Core]
    AllowRootLogin=true
    AllowShutDown=Root

But since my server is locked up, anyone that logs locally onto it should be
able to shut it down, so I also have this:

[X-:*-Core]
    AllowShutDown=All

If  you want to do the same thing for the logon screen, just replace "Core"
with "Greeter".

Hope this helps,

Darryl