Quoting Mohammad Ikhsan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi All
>
> I'm having trouble with my LTSP instalation.
> I have 5 duron 800 LTSP clients connected to an AthlonXP 1800+ LTSP v
> 3.0 server on Mandrake 8.2. I'm using a D-Link 8 ports 10/100 switch.
> The clients and server use rtl8139 based NIC
>
> My problem is those clients boot very slow. Each of them took almost 5
> minutes just to boot to RL 3, and a LOT longer to RL 5.
> or is it natural to have a client that took that long to boot?

That doesn't sound normal at all.  Assuming the clients have at least 32MB RAM,
I would suspect the D-link switch.  Try plugging one in directly with a cross
over cable if that's feasible.

Another thing I always suspect if there seems to be a place where it hangs for a
long time is DNS issues.  not sure that that applies in this case, but DNS is a
common cause of long timeouts.

HTH,
Derek

> Thanks in advance
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Ikhsan                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Derek Dresser
Gould Academy
Bethel, ME 04217
(207)824-7700