Well, I finally got it to work. Did the whole installation from scratch
again and it worked. We've now been using it for the last month and a
bit and its been behaving itself more or less (wanted to make sure it
actually works before I said anything more). Being able to choose
multiple ltsp servers is great and all the users love the ability to put
cute little pics on for each server :)

Things I had to change were

1. the gdm.conf file in /etc/X11/gdm to get the chooser working on the
main ltsp server and to do a broadcast query
2. gdm.conf on all the ltsp servers to allow indirect queries and logins
3. the rc.local script in <ltsp>i386/etc/ in the bit where it writes the
start_ws so that the x server handles indirect stuff.

Once that was done, all sweet!

Also updated to the latest stable ltsp (4) for RH 8 and it seems much
more stable.

So in the end it really wasn't that hard if you knew where to look.
Thanks everybody for all the helpful advice, ltsp rocks!

Now on to make it be able to connect to windows through rdp and multiple
x server desktops. A new adventure awaits....

Appreciated all the help and hand holding,
-Bert

--
Bert van Brakel
IT/Webdesign Manager

AEL IT Ltd
Unit 1, 5 Tanner St
Woolston Industrial Estate
PO Box 4658, Christchurch
Phone: 03 389 9411  (ext 703)
Fax: 03 389 1411
Mobile: 021 297 1796
www.advance-enterprise.com
Accounting | Finance | Marketing | Property | Webdesign