People,
        I hate to nitpick, but we really need to get the naming right:
what you run on the client is X SERVER! Even if i doesn;t make sense at
first blush, it is still the correct naming. If you think it is too
difficult to deal with, think parkway and driveway and how often do you
mistake those two. Naming is important, because otherwise it often
impossible to figure out where the problem is. julius

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Baeseman, Cliff wrote:
>  Well the client is just running a minimum copy of linux and x windows. The
> desktop display is served from the server itself. The linux on the client
> end is just to make the hardware work and to give the workstation a x
> windows client other than that there is nothing run on the client.
          ^^^^^^^
          wrong! you really mean X server!