Well I am putting together a big website devoted to our setup since I have
gotten tons of questions on it. To put together a system in the fashion that
we do it takes just two steps.

Turn on xdm on the server and make it available for clients to connect
to. This takes care of the server nothing else needs to be done.

Load a client with whatever distro you want. Make a single line change to
the bottom of the /etc/inittab file. Change the line to point X at your
server. I think the correct format for the line is

x5:respawn:/usr/X11R6/bin/X -query server.domain.com

All this does is to tell the client to query the server for it's display. If
you get rejected by the server only two things can be wrong, either the
server cannot resolve your clients name and or xdm is not set to accept
outside connections.

As long as xdm is set to accept outside connections on the server when you
boot the client it will jump straight into a login screen.

It really does nothing different than ltsp other than the fact that the
client is running linux and minimal x windows locally.

Cliff