I know ABOUT OpenLDAP and ABOUT Active Directory, but I don't know much
about the back-end of how they change the way things like authentication
happens... If winbind doesn't work with it, that quite frankly is a bummer
as I see moving to a win2k domain in our school's future...

As far as file-sharing, since SMB filesharing is it's own protocol, I
*imagine* that using a windows 2000 fileserver should not be different
than an NT4 one <fidgets uncomfortably>...

 Would love to hear what anyone else has to say about this.