Siterer John Simovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Sorry about introducing the dreaded M$ word but I have an
> exisiting
> windows 2000 active directory network and want to slowly introduce
> LTSP
> but would like to use M$ for authentication and file sharing.
> Anybody
> done this? TIA.

We have a couple of schools that have LTSP servers and thin clients.
The students log in as usual using KDM, but are authenticated against
an NT PDC (w2k should do the same job). Since KDE does a number of
things that smbfs cannot do, they have local home directories, but
have a subdirectory which is automatically mounted from the NT
file/print server, allowing them to use the same files under both
Windows and Linux.

This magic is performed using pam_smb for authentication and pam_mount
for the directory mounting. The solution is a bit dated now, I think
the same functionality can be had using Winbind from the Samba packages.

There are others way to do this, I am sure.

--
Mvh Ragnar Wisløff