Hello,

here I tried to write down the steps to make NetVista 2200 boot LTSP:

1) You need at least a firmware level of 12/06/02.
        I used the latest firmware 07/29/02
2) BIOS:
        I set all from DHCP: "IP Address/Network Config from DHCP =
enabled
3) These are my DHCP-Options:
                host testn02 {
# root-path does not work with this firmware -  use ltsp defaults
#                       option root-path "10.1.8.23:/opt/ltsp/i386";
                        next-server 10.1.8.23;
                        filename "/lts/kernel.2x00.2.4.19";
# use this for firmware upgrade
#                       filename "/lts/bflash.2200";
                        option option-211 "tftp";
                        hardware ethernet 00:02:55:75:04:dd;
                        fixed-address 10.1.1.189;
                        }
4) Server:
        Suse7.2 - I think all other LTSP provided dists will work too
        LTSP: Version 3.0.7
5) Kernel:
        NetVista 2200 does not boot with the LTSP provided kernel.
        So you have to build your own kernel
        I used 2.4.19 because LTSP uses the same version
6) Building the kernel:
        Follow the "IBM NetVista thin client & Linux Kernel Build
Instructions"
        Collect the suggested patches for the 2.4.19 kernel
        You need also the "IBM-NetVista-kernel-patch". Its only available
for kernel 2.4.5.
        I applied the different parts manually, because the sources differ
to much from
        2.4.5 to 2.4.19
        Add the LTSP kernel configuration options to the IBM provided
        .config file. I used the options for use without an initrd.
        Build the kernel and copy it to your TFTP-directory.
        Build the modules and copy the complete tree to
/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules
        You do not need the "IBM TurboLinux" installation.
7) Xserver:
        The LTSP-Xserver did not work. As dirty workaraound I replaced the
LTSP
        /opt/i386/usr/X11R6 subtree with the corresponding subtree of a
        "NetVista TurboLinux Installation". X is working now, but the
mouse ist not
        functionally.

Let me know if I forgot something or if you need more information.
I am also interested to run X without the "TurboLinux" part. The vesa
driver does not
work too.

Karl