Hello list,
I have the following queries. If they have been already discussed then
please point me in that direction. I have reduced my number of
questions.

1) I have been able to enable floppy support on my thin client using
floppyd , BUT I cannot use linux formatted floppies using this
technique.  mtools are for DOS formatted floppies right? so what
technique should I use to enable support for floppy which could read
both linux and dos formatted floppies?

2) I have looked here and there for the cdrom support on the thin
client, but I get some nbd document every time I look out for help. Does
that work for cdrom? has someone tried it ? if yes then I should also
prepare to dive in deep and try to make it work. or is there some other
way to do it ?

3) sound is still a mystery for me. I have used the ltsp_sound package
but I get very ill formed sound on the client side. Having a lot of
noise and a lot of clicking / clipping sound in it. I have noticed that
the clipping sound is syncronized with the activity LED of the sound
card. I have tried to change the places of the sound card and the
network card, tried to (sort of) sheild them but to no avail. also can
somebody tell me the difference between nasd and esd in the ltsp_sound?
which one should I use.

I am using RH8 on a P-2 as  ltsp server.

4) I have thrown away a vga card Sigma Real Magic 64/GX as it was not
working with the client.

5) I have managed to boot my clients from the network card (finally).
Thanks jim. For the rest of you. I use rtl8139 10ec card and the boot
rom that worked with this card was AMD 27c128. There is no need to even
go to bios and change the boot order. This woorks on machines which do
not have the option to boot from network in the BIOS.

Thanks is advance.

Regards,
Kamran

--
Computer bugs are like ship-wrecks, they are not found unless they want
to be found."