What does that onboard chip actually run ?
If it's PXE, a quick stop by rom-o-matic and some dhcpd hacking will
suffice - cheaper than replacing the current roms also.

If you want I can send you a copy of my working dhcpd.conf for pxe
clients, etherboot clients booting from one server while also providing
just IP's to fat clients on the same lan.

Ciao
A.J.
On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 04:21, Michael Heiming wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Brian Zammit wrote:
> >

> >>Hello again group,
> >>
> >>We have been looking at the "Jammin 125" (disklessworkstations.com) client
> >>and the "Symbiont 1120" (symbio-technolgies.com) thin clients.
> >>
> >>Can you tell me your first hand experience in installing, administering,
> >>or using these clients?
> >>

> >Simple answer.  Purchasing a Jammin-125 from DisklessWorkstations.Com
> >directly supports the LTSP project.  If you are enjoying LTSP, and
> >the J125 has the features that you need, then the choice should
> >be easy.
> >
> Hi Jim!
>
> While I would have loved to support LTSP, but it wasn't possible due to
> support contracts to get the nice looking J125, I mentioned that it
> can't go behind 1024x768 resolution.
>
> After testing lots of stuff, which didn't really worked, M$ only.;(
>
> Finally got these:
>
> http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/thinclients/futro/futrod.html
>
> They work like a charm, once you rip of the builtin flash ROM (Finally I
> could order a bunch of them customized without the flash ROM). OK, the
> 600 MHz Celeron CPU with 128 MB RAM are a bit over the tops, but it
> leaves you the oportunity to run some apps local, if in need.
>
> Some overview about DC known to work (www.ltsp.org) would be great for
> beginner, I could contribute some info for the above FSC one if there's
> a layout. Perhaps, I could try getting FSC to mentioned on the above
> URL, that their DC works with LTSP. Finding the "right" DC was (for me)
> the hardest part about LTSP.
>
> BTW
> Kudos for the new kernel with LPP, that's what I have been waiting for
> some time, users love the nice graphics.
> ;)
>
> Thx and keep the great work
>
> Michael Heiming

"I don't support Linux because it is free.
I support it because it is good."
A.J. Venter
DireqLearn Linux Guru