Matt,

There really isn't an 'upgrade' from ltsp-3 to ltsp-4.  You can run
both if you'd like, just install ltsp-4 into a different directory.
THen, point the root-path to that new directory for those clients that
you'd like to have using the ltsp-4 directory.

For simplicity, I'd look at renaming the current /opt/ltsp directory
to be /opt/ltsp-3, and then go ahead and install ltsp-4 into the
standard /opt/ltsp directory.

if you can live without ltsp-3, just blow it away and start fresh with
ltsp-4.

Jim.