I've tried a number of times to get various Windows programs running
under wine, but to be honest I've never got any of them running 100%
successfully and reliably.

On the other hand I can recommend unreservedly the commercial Win4Lin
software from Netraverse, which I use to run Win98 under Linux.
Netraverse are aware of LTSP, and refer to it in the documentation for
their latest release (v5.1).

Last week I installed Win4Lin on a new system and did some surfing using
IE5 / Win98 running under Netraverse 5.1 / Fedora Core 1.0. One site
prompted me to download Flash, which I did, and was astounded to hear
sound from the site coming out of the speakers of my LTSP workstation.
That's something I've struggled to do under native Linux :-(

For your application you might need their multi-user version, Win4Lin
Terminal Server. I've not used this, but if it's anything like as good
as Win4Lin, you'll wish you'd made the change years ago.

John