Is there a way to specify in the lines in lts.conf:
        RUNLEVEL             = 5
        SERVER               = 10.2.0.2
I am guessing that this line calls a script that starts X.  Where is this
script?  Does this script use a :
X :0 -query server.ip
command..?. all we would have to do is change it to:
X :0 -broadcast
Then run DHCP on all servers part of the redundant cluster as well as all the
LTSP files.  If you really want to get snazzy.... you could use the openmosix
kernel on all the servers then have a true cluster with redundancy.

Craig Herring