On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 01:56, David Johnston wrote:
> I've seen this with Red Hat 9 and LTSP 3.  The default GDM settings
use
> sessreg to register logins and logouts in wtmp and utmp.
Unfortunately,
> they use the long hostname, which gets truncated.  I've changed
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default and /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession/Default.
> The changes to PreSession/Default are simple and address your problem;
> PostSession/Default addresses this problem as well as a problem with
> processes getting left behind (by running oaf-slay, then killing all
> procs belonging to the user).

Thanks for quick response David,
I checked my GDM files they are already as per what your scripts are.
However the main issue is that I am using KDE as manager. I find the
login interface offered by KDE more configurable, also due to the fact
that I am basically feeling my way here and do not yet know in depth. Am
using k12ltsp distro.
Can you do a little bit more of hand-holding and tell me which cripts to
edit for KDM?
TIA
--
Sudev Barar