On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 01:19, Timothy Frye wrote:
> Well, you have a couple of options.  Look for the floppyd article on the
> ltsp website.  That should give you a good place to start.  Another option
> is ENBD (Enhanced Network Block Device).  It is supposed to work seamlessly,
> but it doesn't.  If you have luck setting it up, please let the list know.
> I have tried to get it to work, but it fails.  It is the only roadblock left
> for me to use LTSP in my work environment and unfortunately, I do not have
> the time to develop for the project.
[SNIP]
> Hi,
> I'm using LTSP 4 on Red hat Linux 9 on my college.
> How i can setup remote floppy access on LTSP client?

I came into this thread late but had absolutely now problem installing
floppy access on clients. The snip of my lts.conf for the clients which
is running two printers and floppy is given below. Only last line is
needed for floppy:

[ws105]
        X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "PS/2"
        X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/psaux"
        MODULE_01 = usb-uhci
        MODULE_02 = printer
        PRINTER_0_DEVICE   = /dev/lp0
        PRINTER_0_TYPE = P
        PRINTER_1_DEVICE   = /dev/usb/lp0
        PRINTER_1_TYPE = S
        RCFILE_01          = floppyd

And I installed MToolsFM to access floppy. I hope this was what you were
wanting?
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux