From: Andy Rabagliati [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 3:17 AM
To: LTSP List
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Floppy access for LTSP 4

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004, Sudev Barar wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 01:19, Timothy Frye wrote:
> > Well, you have a couple of options.  Look for the floppyd article on the
> > ltsp website.
> [SNIP]
> > Hi,
> > I'm using LTSP 4 on Red hat Linux 9 on my college.
> > How i can setup remote floppy access on LTSP client?
>
> I came into this thread late but had absolutely now problem installing
> floppy access on clients. The snip of my lts.conf for the clients which
> is running two printers and floppy is given below. Only last line is
> needed for floppy:
>
> [ws105]
>         X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL = "PS/2"
>         X_MOUSE_DEVICE = "/dev/psaux"
>         MODULE_01 = usb-uhci
>         MODULE_02 = printer
>         PRINTER_0_DEVICE   = /dev/lp0
>         PRINTER_0_TYPE = P
>         PRINTER_1_DEVICE   = /dev/usb/lp0
>         PRINTER_1_TYPE = S
>         RCFILE_01          = floppyd
>
> And I installed MToolsFM to access floppy. I hope this was what you were
> wanting?
> --
> Sudev Barar

And (of course) make the following edit to /etc/mtools.conf :-

# Linux floppy drives
#drive a: file="/dev/fd0" exclusive mformat_only
drive a: file="$DISPLAY" remote 1.44m mformat_only

I have found it necessary sometimes to do the following (on the server):-

# ldconfig -r /opt/ltsp/i386

Cheers,  Andy!