Here's a heads up,

I just had a student "inadvertently" reboot my terminal server.  Like a good
sysadmin, I had disabled the "shutdown" button on the display manager so
terminal users wouldn't have that option.  The thing was, the student was using
Xnest to connect to the terminal server and it appears, at least with
kdebase-3.0.0-12 that kdm treats Xnest sessions as if they are "local"  There is
a separate section to disable the Shutdown button on local displays.  I hadn't
disabled it on local displays the terminal server doesn't even have a
monitor/keyboard.  I tested it by running

Xnest :3 -query 192.168.0.254

and sure enough, there was the shutdown button.  If you search through the kdmrc
file, you will notice there are two "AllowShutdown" lines.  I disabled them both
and there was no longer a shutdown button when using Xnest.

Luckily, the kid came forward.  I was scratching my head because the server has
been up since August.

-Derek

--
Derek Dresser
http://network.gouldacademy.org/

"What is research but a blind date with knowledge?"
       --Will Harvey