On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Jean Christophe wrote:

> Chad Lemmen a écrit :
>
> >Try loading snd-pcm-oss first.  Here is my lts.conf
> >
> >[ws001]
> >        SOUND              = Y
> >        SOUND_DAEMON       = esd
> >        VOLUME             = 70
> >        SMODULE_01         = snd-pcm-oss
> >        SMODULE_02         = snd-intel8x0
> >
> I have putted SMODULE_03 = auto
>
> >Make sure you have the sound settings listed under a workstation section
> >and not in the default section
> >
> done
>
> > and make sure that workstation is listed in /etc/hosts.
> >
> done
> and I get:
> modprobe cannot locate module snd-pcm-oss
> modprobe cannot locate module snd-intel8x0
> modprobe cannot locate module trindent
> sound driver not loaded, please specify correct sound module in
> /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
> ....cannot write to syslogd.....

Do you have the ALSA sound modules installed?  What happens if you boot
the workstation into a shell and type 'modprobe snd-intel8x0' and then
type 'lsmod', is it installed?  Have you tried the OSS modules? Try this
in lts.conf and see if the module loads

SOUND              = Y
SOUND_DAEMON       = esd
VOLUME             = 70
SMODULE_01         = i810_audio

With this module you may have to plug the line going to the speakers into
the mic jack to get sound.