Chad Lemmen a écrit :

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Jean Christophe wrote:

Chad Lemmen a écrit :

Try loading snd-pcm-oss first. Here is my lts.conf

[ws001]
      SOUND              = Y
      SOUND_DAEMON       = esd
      VOLUME             = 70
      SMODULE_01         = snd-pcm-oss
      SMODULE_02         = snd-intel8x0

I have putted SMODULE_03 = auto

   Make sure you have the sound settings listed under a workstation section
and not in the default section

done

and make sure that workstation is listed in /etc/hosts.

done
and I get:
modprobe cannot locate module snd-pcm-oss
modprobe cannot locate module snd-intel8x0
modprobe cannot locate module trindent
sound driver not loaded, please specify correct sound module in
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
....cannot write to syslogd.....

Do you have the ALSA sound modules installed?

I took a look in my services, and yes it is installed and running
[EMAIL PROTECTED] xtra_linux]# ps -ef | grep esd
root      8510  6020  0 14:34 pts/0    00:00:00 grep esd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] xtra_linux]# ps -ef | grep alsa
root      8513  6020  0 14:34 pts/0    00:00:00 grep alsa

 What happens if you boot
the workstation into a shell and type 'modprobe snd-intel8x0' and then
type 'lsmod'

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# modprobe snd-intel8x0
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
snd-seq-oss 32000 0 (unused)
snd-seq-midi-event 6080 0 [snd-seq-oss]
snd-seq 42544 2 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi-event]
snd-pcm-oss 43652 1
snd-mixer-oss 14200 1 [snd-pcm-oss]
snd-intel8x0 22020 2
snd-pcm 79588 0 [snd-pcm-oss snd-intel8x0]
snd-timer 18436 0 [snd-seq snd-pcm]
snd-ac97-codec 45720 0 [snd-intel8x0]
snd-mpu401-uart 4704 0 [snd-intel8x0]
snd-rawmidi 17760 0 [snd-mpu401-uart]
snd-seq-device 5832 0 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq snd-rawmidi]
snd-page-alloc 9044 0 [snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm]
snd 41380 0 [snd-seq-oss snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-intel8x0 snd-pcm snd-timer snd-ac97-codec snd-mpu401-uart snd-rawmidi snd-seq-device]
soundcore 6340 0 [snd]

, is it installed?  Have you tried the OSS modules? Try this
in lts.conf and see if the module loads

SOUND              = Y
SOUND_DAEMON       = esd
VOLUME             = 70
SMODULE_01         = i810_audio

Doesn't work !

With this module you may have to plug the line going to the speakers into
the mic jack to get sound.

I try without succes
I took a look in the /var/log/messages to get the all text, but I couldn't find anything !

At boot time the kernel is trying with a modprobe insmod.
If I try this myself, I get a:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# modprobe insmod i810_audio
/lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
modprobe: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-10mdk/kernel/drivers/sound/i810_audio.o.gz failed
modprobe: insmod i810_audio failed

it is not possible for the client to write on the syslogd file, is it important ?

Regards
Thank you VERY much for your help !
Jean Christophe