On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 01:43, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
> Can anyone pls. give me a hint, what causes this problems:
>
> xdm-errors:
>
>   Xlib: connection to "ws008.ltsp:0.0" refused by server
>   Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
>   xdm error (pid 2306): server open failed for ws008.ltsp:0, giving up
>   xdm error (pid 2254): Display ws008.ltsp:0 cannot be opened
>   xdm error (pid 2254): Display ws008.ltsp:0 is being disabled
>
> Installation: RedHat 9, iceWM, xdm
>
> Problem: The Loginbox is displayed, but user is logged off immediatly after
> login.

First check if user /home/USER exists.
HACK!: Then as root rm -Rf /home/USER/.g* and rm -Rf /home/USER/.x* this
will remove all configuration files for the user and on the next log in
he would be able to boot.
Had this happen twice but why???? I am still scratching my head.

If it is RedHat9 then the file /etc/sysconfig/desktop should be there!!
I edit this to run kdm for all users.
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux