Quoting Anselm Martin Hoffmeister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello Derek,
>
> Friday, April 23, 2004, 3:21:06 AM, you wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I set up remote access to our terminal server using an SSHVNC applet.
> This
> > allows any of our users to access their normal LTSP session from anywhere
> > without installing any software or doing any configuration.  All they need
> is
> > the url, and their normal username and password.  I wrote up some notes on
> the
> > configuration.  There are also some screenshots.
>
> > http://network.gouldacademy.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=21
>
> > Hope this is useful to others.  I wrote this up pretty quickly, so if you
> have
> > questions or suggestions, please let me know.
>
> From a quick skip, it seems that an X session always runs on :42,
> which means only one person can login at a time? Or does this
> automagically spawn X sessions on other ports...

It automagically spawns a new Xvnc session for each connection.  Honestly I
haven't tried to figure out how because it just works!  The number of
connections should only be limited by the beefiness of your server and your
internet connection, I believe.

-Derek

--
Derek Dresser
http://network.gouldacademy.org/

"What is research but a blind date with knowledge?"
       --Will Harvey