Well, it isn't the workstation. Using another NIC,
another ws002, etc., the same condition occurs.
Everything runs find until the process goes to mount
the filesystem from the server and there it sits!
Obviously, the problem is on the server!
I have checked iptables - all accept.
Both workstations are listed in dhcp, lts.conf, and
hosts and both run, get their IP addresses, open the
kernel, etc and then hang after dhclient on the line,
Mounting filesystem from: 192.168.0.6
(which is the server address)
Could squid have anything to do with this? The reason
I ask is that the name of my server is DanaLinux with
no dot com or anything else in it. Squid does not
therefore find a fully qualified name as the hosts
entry is
127.0.0.1       DanaLinux       localhost       localhost.localdomain
perhaps I should list DanaLinux also on 192.168.0.6
which is eth0 and the internal network address? DONE &
didn't matter.
portmapper and nfsd and mountd are all running.
Regards,
Dana
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====