On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:19:00 +0200, Michael Heiming
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Sounds good, albeit users are "experienced" enough to simply switch
>off/on their tc.;)

Ahahah Well I was stating something that I'd like to offer. Users tend
to get confused and affraid when they see a message that they
understand, especially if it's written at the console.

>Yep, probably, albeit it doesn't matter (for users) why their tc doesn't
>work anymore.

Neither do mine. But we might think that as of a cosmetic issue.

>Sure GFS or alike would offer better ha, but then I'm limited to run RH
>ES 3.0 or SuSE SLES 8
>(http://www.sistina.com/products_gfs_distros.html), albeit I was
>thinking about SuSE 9.1, the box is currently running SuSE 8.0. It would
>need in addition 2 hba per system and need setup multi-pathing.

I'm using Fedora Core1, and was able to give OpenAFS and CODA a try.
Only oAFS has builtin binaries.

>Another one could be ENBD (http://www.it.uc3m.es/~ptb/nbd/), haven't
>used it with LTSP, but the author is a friend of mine, so I presume it
>working quite well.;)

Yes. In the HOWTO I illustrate how I use DRBD for that. I think the
funcionallity is identical, same concept, etc. At least with DRBD I
*know* it works (didn't try it ENBD).

Whatever is your decision, I'm very interested of hearing from you:
either for corrections/suggestions of the existing material, or, if
you want to try other approaches, to extend the document.

Mail me when you're ready to start!
-
Nuno Tavares