Dag,

The rc scripts are actually spawned by /sbin/init, which uses
/etc/inittab as its configuration file.

if you run  'man init', you should see some information about how
that works.

I've done lots of stuff from inittab.  On a full Linux system, i had
it setup to run pppd from inittab.  that way, if the connection was
ever terminated for any reason, it would automatically be respawned.

If you have something that is likely to terminate, and you want it to
respawn automatically, then inittab is a good place to put it.

Otherwise, I think an rc script is the correct place for it.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]