Cristi Mitrana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>  In the kernel package you have:
>  - a directory with the kernel name used for PXE booting the kernel
> which contains the kernel and the initrd image, with the pxe config
> file also.
>  - a NBI image with the kernel and initrd altogether for NBI booting
> (via Etherboot)
>
>  You can 'gunzip' the initrd image and mount-it via '-oloop' and
> you'll find the linuxrc script there. After modifying it you can
> (optionally) gunzip-it back and place it under the PXE directory for
> booting it.
>
>  If you don't use PXE for net booting the kernel then install mknbi
> (from the Etherboot site) and then take a look at 'mkelf-linux';
> basically you build the NBI/ELF image for etherboot to load with :
>  mkelf-linux --output bzimage-2.x.y-ltsp-t --apend 'root=/dev/ram0 rw
> init=/linuxrc' kernel_file new_initrd_file.

I'm not using PXE for all of my diskless workstations.  They all boot
through a floppy disk Etherboot images.

>  Another approach  would be to modify /opt/ltsp[4]/i386/etc/rc.local
> to 'remount' the root partition via NFS with the new options:
>  mount -oremount,rsize=x,wsize=x /
> but I never tested this. You don't have to modify any 'linuxrc'
> scripts and kernel images.

I don't think remounting will be a good idea unless it will not affect the
boot process of the diskless workstation.

Actually, I just read the wiki about [1]NFS problem and it tells to modify
the /linuxrc script.

Is there other way to do this?  Or, how can I directly modify the /linuxrc
script?  Again, I'm not booting through PXE here.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/Troubleshooting-mount-
problems#Reduce_the_UDP_packet_size

---