Am Freitag, den 29.07.2005, 02:36 +0800 schrieb Ricarte Lapuz:
> some who can help about this
>
> tulip0: MII transceiver #1 config 3100 status 7809 advertising 01e1.
> eth0: Davicom DM9102/DM9102A rev 49 at 0xd000, 00:80:AD:78:22:05 IRQ 11.
> Running dhcpd om port 67
> eth0 :Setting full-duplex based on MII#1 link partner capability of 45e1.
> ERROR! dhcpd failed
> kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

This probably reads "dhcp_c_d failed", right?

In your place, I'd check the server's dhcpd.conf: It should include
"root-path", for example (just a guess, that might exactly be the
problem here?)

If you cannot handle fixing dhcpd.conf yourself, please quote that
config file here for us to have a look into it.

Further, please grep your /var/log/messages for any message containing
"DHCP" during bootup and give the last few lines, like doing

grep DHCP /var/log/messages | tail -20

after booting up was unsuccessful once - those messages might contain
interesting information.

Btw: Do you have more than one client? Do the others (if existant) work?

Regards
Anselm