Here's another question from an LTSP newbie (or, rather, wannabe, at this point--if I can make it do what I need it to, I will be a very happy newbie).

I have a bunch of Windows apps I need to support, and for various reasons am not considering WINE and am very hesitant about going the rdesktop+WindowsTS option.

Should it be possible, in either the current or soon to be available version of LTSP, to mount a partition, containing a VMWare virtual machine image, from a local hard drive, and run the free VMWare Player as a local app to run the virtual machine? And have sound, local drive access, usb peripherals work from within the VM environment?

I realize I'm asking for the world here.  World + pizza.

Thanks for your help,
--
Jeff Beaird
Systems and Technological Services