On Wednesday 07 June 2006 03:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
[snip

> >Ubuntu has taken it's own use as a server environment seriously since the
> >last release (Breezy Badger), with a specific install for "Ubuntu Server"
> >
> >http://www.ubuntu.com/server?highlight=%28ubuntu%29%7C%28server%29
> >
> >Works well here.
> >
> >My main reservation about Ubuntu is that whilst the core package are all
> >brilliantly tested, the others aren't, being a snapshot of debian testing.
> >There are lots of reason to choose Ubuntu for LTSP though, including a
> >solid office environment.
> >

> Seconded.  I run ubuntu with ltsp here and I have no complaints.

Since there was glowing enthusiasm for ubuntu here, maybe there are some
answers for questions that have not been answered on other lists I've tried:

a) My server has 2 soundcards, MB and SB which drives speakers. ubuntu
configured MB as 1st card, SB as second. I want to reverse them so all the
sound apps that default to /dev/dsp run the speakers. How ?

b) I want to run the server in CLI mode, but have GUI mode available. (I
know ... don't ask) ie telinit 3, telinit 5 or id:5:initdefault:

How to make ubuntu do this?

Thanks
James