I just updated to LTSP 4.2 on my gentoo system, from 4.1.

I have the terminals booting, but I cannot get sound to work on them.
I have Dell OptiPlex systems with CS4232 audio devices.  My lts.conf
file (that worked with 4.1) had the entry:
SMODULE_01 = "cs4232 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1"

When the terminals boot the 2.6 kernel from 4.2, I get this:

pnp: Device 01:01.00 activated
ad1848: PnP reports 'CS4232B' at i/o 0x534, irq 5, dma 1, 3
cs4232: probe of 01:01.00 failed with error -16

The module loaded, though.  I rmmod'ed the module and tried to manually
reload it with 0x220/5/1, 0x534/5/1, and 0x534/7/1, and I got the
"failed with error -16" each time.

Also, the file /etc/profile.d/ltsp-sound.sh script that installed way
back when to get audio working in 4.1 doesn't seem to do the trick.
When run from the commandline, I get an error that /usr/sbin/ltspinfo
cannot be found.  ltspinfo was put into /usr/bin...  I made a symlink in
/usr/sbin and the script appears to work now, but I get the "connection
refused" error when I log into KDE.  Presumably because of the broken
module on the terminal.

Anyone have any suggestions (short of getting a PCI soundcard to put
into the terminals)?

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
        Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.