Hi Erik;

I had a similar problem with the kernel driver for the network card (the
dhcpd error)

The solution was rebuild the kernel with the updated patch for the
proper devide, as long as 4.1 and 4.2 versions uses different versions
of kernel, u can try use the 4.1 kernel to boot 4.2 (as long as it isn't
a 2.4.x).

U can get the ltsp_kernel_kit at ltsp website and enjoy ur compilation,
due to a kernel change ur supposed to find these discrepancies.

[]s