Hello,

I am using LTSP 4.1 under Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (aka sarge) to serve a
20 clients computer classroom at my University Department.  I am really
satisfied with LTSP for the last 3-4 years.

Unfortunately, there are still some people here who need to use some
M$-DOS based programs, which they have been using under DOSemu before.
But, since the last upgrade to LTSP 4.1, our DOSemu installation
doesn't work properly on the clients, while it does on the server.

When I execute xdosemu on a client, it's window opens up and the
FreeDOS prompt shows up properly.  I can then execute a DOS program,
which starts working fine.  At some point, the program needs to show
some graphics and then, its window vanishes without any alert or error
message.

Some days ago I got an error message related with missing vga fonts,
which seems to no longer appear after I installed the xfonts-dosemu
Debian package.  I'm not 100% sure that the problem is related to
fonts, which I though it was before.

Has somebody else found such problem before?  Any hints or ideas on
what to do or try?  Any additional information I might give you to try
to help me figure out what the problem can be?

Thank you very much for your time, and specially for the great work you
are doing on the excellent LTSP.

Regards,
Ángel

--
Angel Martin Alganza               Tel +34 958 248 926
Departamento de Genetica           Fax +34 958 244 073