On 01/02/07, Angel Martin Alganza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using LTSP 4.1 under Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 (aka sarge) to serve a
[SNIP]
> But, since the last upgrade to LTSP 4.1, our DOSemu installation
> doesn't work properly on the clients, while it does on the server.

There should not be any difference in LTSP upgrades as your base OS
remains same. Is this due to use of kernel 2.6...?

> When I execute xdosemu on a client, it's window opens up and the
> FreeDOS prompt shows up properly.  I can then execute a DOS program,
> which starts working fine.  At some point, the program needs to show
> some graphics and then, its window vanishes without any alert or error
> message.

A better way would be to have three terminal windows opened. Run "tail
-f /var/log/messages" in one. Run "xdosemu &" in the second and
"dosemu &" in third. Then see what messages are passed on.

DOSemu does behave oddly sometimes but generally once set is very stable.

> Some days ago I got an error message related with missing vga fonts,
> which seems to no longer appear after I installed the xfonts-dosemu
> Debian package.  I'm not 100% sure that the problem is related to
> fonts, which I though it was before.

The fonts needing install are You may have installed the fonts under
/usr/share/fonts or something similar in root tree. I would also make
a link for this directory or font files under /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share
tree.

HTH
--
Regards,