On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:00 +1100, Ryan Boyes wrote:
> Hi list members,
>
> I am running ltsp 5 on a debian etch amd64 platform with a single amd64
> client just while I get it all up and running. At the moment the client
> workstation boots to a login screen I've not seen before with the debian
> logo a power switch icon at the bottom left of screen and "ltsp//" at
> the bottom right of screen. I assume this is the ldm greeter (ldm = ltsp
> display manager, yes?)
>
> None of the users I have set up on the server can log in using this
> greeter. I was having a problem

*-snip-*
Okay, with a bit more investigating I see that the python script ldm is
calling env /etc/X11/Xsession when it finds no entry in lts.conf for
LDM_REMOTECMD. Now in the rather sparse debian howto
http://wiki.debian.org/LTSP/Howto it does not mention an lts.conf and
ltsp-build-client does not create one. Is it needed? Is this the source
of all my problems? Putting a minimal lts.conf with just "SERVER =
192.168.0.1 does not seem to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Ryan