Hi Jim,

As I said, this version of the config file is because without all the
extra information it also doesn't work. So in despair I tried to change
whatever was suggested somewhere on the mailing list. It doesn't work
with all the lines pointing to PRINTER_0_TYPE. What worries me even more
is that it also doesn't work when I modprobe those modules manually. I
does detect the printer allright and it creates /dev/lp0 with the lp
module. Then I start the lp_server manually and I can telnet to port
9100 all right, but no joy when trying to print. I don't see an error at
the level of CUPS either. I chose jetdirect and I entered the address
correctly as far as I can see.

Would going back to a 2.4 kernel help? Where can I still get this? Or
should I Frankenstein the thing with a kernel from Ubuntu LTSP 5? How
would I do that? What files do I copy and where do I put them? I suppose
somewhere under tftpboot and then point the dhcp config to them.

Jo